Documentation and visas

What documentation do I need to come to China?

  • A visa and a passport with a validity of at least 6 months are required.
  • In Spain you can apply for visas in Madrid or Barcelona:
  • Visa Application Center in Madrid

Agustín de Foxá, n. 29, 4th floor A
28046 Madrid
Phone: 91 314 59 18

Consulate General of the People’s Republic of China in Barcelona

Avda. Tibidabo, 34
08043 Barcelona
Tel. 93. 254 11 99

What is mandatory registration for foreigners?

Every foreigner upon arrival in China must register at the police station nearest to their accommodation in the period of one week. We recommend to follow this rule, as it may be that on some occasions checks are made. You must also register again if you change your residence.

When registering you will be given a document stating your name, address and validity of the visa. Keep this document as you will need it to do visa procedures.