Do you want to distinguish your curriculum with studies in China?
- Did you know that in Shanghai you can study Chinese medicine subjects such as reflexology, acupuncture, massage, nutrition; Masters in history, culture, Chinese philosophy; Postgraduate courses in law, finance, marketing; Masters in business management (MBA)?
- Do you really want to learn Chinese? Do not stay at home to do so, at InfoChina.pro we know that years of study of this language in the country of origin, go back in months studying and living here, move and learn it while you live a unique experience.
- Dare with this great country to start with a distinguished professional career from the base of your knowledge. At InfoChina.pro we recommend you to study in China, because we know that many companies will value and take into account in their selection processes.
- And is that China is not the future, is the present.
Study Chinese in universities
If you are interested in learning this language, coming to China is undoubtedly the best option. Here, you can study Chinese in different ways with its pros and cons each. Then, we present them one by one: universities, academies and private teachers.
There are several universities to study Chinese, however, we know that Fudan University and Jiatong University are the most prestigious. Fudan University is quite far from the city center, but is China’s second most renowned university (after Beijing University), while Jiaotong University is well located.
The favorable points of studying Chinese in a university we consider to be the following:
- To have student life in China on large university campuses;
- Possibility of having services for students like canteen or residence;
- Possibility to meet people from all over the world in classes or in the residence;
- Essential if you want to study a career, postgraduate, etc. In a Chinese university in Chinese;
- Reasonable course prices (¥ 10,500 per semester in Fudan and ¥ 9,100 per semester in Jiaotong);
- Ability to get in touch with other Chinese students;
- More possibilities of oral practice of the Chinese, since many classmates are Asian who, in general, do not usually speak English.
The least favorable points of studying Chinese in a university we consider are the following:
- The teaching methodology is not very flexible and is usually based on pure memorization rather than logic;
- The materials are rather archaic;
- The classes are quite numerous, between 20-25 students;
- There are not too many options for oral practice in class;
- In general, Chinese is usually taught rather academic and impractical.
Study Chinese in language academies
In Shanghai there are many and varied academies to learn Chinese. Depending on whether they are very large, they may offer different levels of Chinese classes. By doing a quick search on some Internet search engine you can see the varied offer.
The favorable points of studying Chinese in an academy:
- Possibility to meet people from all over the world in classes or the academy;
- According to the academy, classes are usually 6 or fewer students;
- Oral practice options in class;
- As smaller groups, classes tend to be more dynamic and more flexible methodology;
- With more interaction, a more familiar and colloquial Chinese is usually learned;
- Possibility of contracting private classes that fit a non-standard schedule.
The least favorable points of studying Chinese in an academy:
- Prices of courses rather high;
- More difficult to get in touch with other Chinese students;
- Most classmates are usually from the West, with which they usually practice more English than Chinese.
The least favorable points of studying Chinese with a private tutor:
- Price of rather high classes;
- It requires a lot of self-discipline on the part of the student;
- The student can set a slow pace of study;
- It is very easy to cancel classes with a phone call.